Macho Creek Ranch
- County: Duval
- Zip: 78376
- Type: Hunting Land, Ranches, Recreational Property
- City: Realitos
- Price: $10,320,750
- Acres: 4,170
- State/Zip: Texas 78376
- Beds: 2
- Status: Contract Pending
- Baths: 1
The Macho Creek Ranch is a fantastic mixed use property located in southern Duval County just east of Realitos. Deep sandy soils dominate the ranch with tall old growth brush and native grasses. Groundwater in this part of the County is very good and high flow rates can be easily achieved for excellent water wells. With great deer, excellent quail country and great grasses for cattle operations, the Macho Creek Ranch is a great diverse property. Good roads, multiple fenced pastures and a nice modest house wrap up a great place. It is also located in the famous red sand portion of Duval County known to be excellent quail habitat.
Location: Macho Creek is located 2 miles east of Realitos, Texas and 13 miles northeast of Hebbronville. The ranch includes a mile of frontage on pave highway 716 and an access gate just off of paved highway 359.
Habitat: The Macho Creek Ranch is located in the South Texas Plains ecoregion and is dominated by fine sandy red soils which make up approximately 80% of the property. The remaining 20% of the soils are mixed clay soils along the two major creek drainages and some caliche and gravel hills. 75% of the ranch is large native brushland of old growth that creates excellent whitetail habitat dominated by mesquite, granjeno, black brush, acacias, prickly pear, condalia, guajillo, and hog plum as well as other varieties. It is classic South Texas deer habitat at its best. The remaining 25% of the ranch has been opened or stripped to promote native grasses for improved quail country. These areas have outstanding quail hunting developed to work dogs in front of quail trucks in motted country. Along the creek frontages are stands of trees such as live oak, cedar elms, persimmons and hackberries offering further excellent shelter for wildlife. Large bull mesquites also dominate these areas proving the deep rich soils. The overall property has rolling terrain with over 50 of relief.
Wildlife: The white-tailed deer on the property are abundant. It has been managed under the MLDP Conservation Option which offers the opportunity to work with a TPWD biologists to improve habitat and benefit from a customized harvest plans and extend the hunting season. The entire ranch is low fenced and deer hunting pressure has been minimal, as the management has mostly concentrated on harvesting management bucks and does. The age distribution is excellent on the property. Turkey are abundant on the ranch and it is also located in an outstanding dove hunting area with plenty of grain grown in the vicinity. Both mourning dove and white-wing dove are found on the ranch. The primary reason the current owner put this ranch together was to create excellent bobwhite quail country. There has been an active and ongoing program to sculpt much of the brush into mottes to allow for grasses to grow and create excellent habitat that can be traditionally hunted in quail trucks with dogs. The majority of the ranch has the fine sandy loams that grow excellent stands of grass to allow the quail to flourish. The process of turning this ranch in topnotch quail country has begun and is ready for a new owner to continue the evolution.
Water: Macho Creek Ranch has good surface water and excellent groundwater. There are several large ponds on the ranch, one of which is kept full with a artesian springs that runs year-round. There are seven operating water wells (both electric and solar) on the ranch with extensive water distribution across much of the property. Over 2.5 miles of Macho Creek runs through the middle of the property, and a smaller second creek runs for almost 3 miles through the middle of the property. The groundwater in this part of Duval County is excellent and is sourced from the Gulf Coast Aquifer. The drilling depth of the multiple water wells range from 300 to 400 with most water depths found between 65 and 100. All wells produce 50+ gallons per minute, and the opportunity to drill high volume wells exists in this area. There is ample water to run an irrigation well and small pivot if one would like.
Improvements: There is a small and very nice brick home with two bedrooms sitting on a hill surrounded by large trees far enough off the road to eliminate road noise. Several barns are on the property and a good road system and multiple cattle pens. Electricity is available in multiple places on the ranch.
Minerals; Surface sale only. There are three producing but very old oil wells on the property all accessed from north side of ranch.
Other: This ranch is co-brokered with Dan Kinsel Ranch Sales, LLC.
© 2016 Texas Alliance of Land Brokers
© 2016 CoStar Group, Inc.