Build your dream home! Acreage for sale in Central Texas!


Property Details

  • County: Coryell
  • Address: TBD-1 FM 1996
  • Zip: 76561
  • Type: Undeveloped Land
  • City: Oglesby
  • Price: $405,000
  • Acres: 27
  • State/Zip: Texas 76561
  • Status: Available

TALB Member:

Kim Hill | Broker

Hill Kim
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Property Description

Welcome to a picturesque piece of Central Texas land located in the charming town of Oglesby, TX. This 27-acre tract is a perfect place to build a homestead with a custom home or barndo, providing ample space to spread out and enjoy the great outdoors. Approximately 75% of the property is covered in trees, offering privacy and natural beauty, while the remaining 25% is open and ready for your own personal touches. The year-round pond provides a scenic and serene backdrop for outdoor activities and serves as a water source for livestock. In addition to its beauty, this property also provides ample opportunity for hunting, making it a perfect choice for outdoor enthusiasts. With an ag exemption, the property taxes are kept to a minimum, making it an affordable option for those who want to live the country lifestyle. Water is readily available through Oglesby Water, ensuring that your property will have a reliable source of water. The property also boasts great road frontage off FM 1996, providing easy access to nearby towns and cities. Located just under 10 minutes from McGregor, TX, and only 30 minutes from Waco or Temple, TX, this property offers a prime location for those seeking easy access to nearby amenities. It's also under an hour's drive to Killeen, TX, and under two hours from both Austin and Dallas, TX, making it an ideal location for those who work or play in these vibrant and dynamic cities. Don't miss out on this unique opportunity to own a stunning piece of Central Texas land in a prime location.
This property is ideally situated in the heart of Oglesby, Texas, offering quick and easy access to many of the region's most sought-after destinations. McGregor, home of SpaceX, is just a short drive away, providing exciting opportunities for exploration and discovery. Within 20 minutes, you'll find the up-and-coming downtown area of Gatesville, as well as the newly remodeled Coryell Memorial Hospital and two medical clinics, ensuring that you have easy access to quality healthcare services when you need them. For those who crave the excitement and energy of a larger city, Temple and Waco are both located just 30 minutes away. Temple is known for its medical care hub, while Waco is famous for its Baylor Bears and the Magnolia Market. If you're looking for even more options, Killeen, home of the Fort Hood Military Base, is less than an hour away, providing ample opportunities for work and entertainment. And for those who are seeking employment opportunities, the property is conveniently located just over an hour from Taylor, where Samsung Electronics is building a new advanced chip plant. Finally, the property is also situated under two hours away from Austin, TX, and the Texas Gigafactory for Tesla, providing you with endless possibilities for fun, adventure, and exploration in some of the state's most vibrant and dynamic cities.

Useful Documents

Property Map / Directions

From Waco: Head West on Hwy 84. Turn left onto FM 1996 towards Oglesby. Follow 1996 approx. 2 miles. The property will be on your right. From Gatesville: Head East on Hwy 84. Turn right onto FM 1996 towards Oglesby. Follow 1996 approx. 2 miles. The property willbe on your right. Watch for signs. There are multiple tracts for sale. GPS coordinates for this tract: 31.3881, -97.5155

© 2023 Texas Alliance of Land Brokers
© 2023 CoStar Group, Inc.