- County: Cameron
- Zip: 78566
- Type: Farms, Ranches
- City: Bayview
- Price: $1,300,000
- Acres: 21
- State/Zip: Texas 78566
- Beds: 5
- Status: Available
- Baths: 7
Step back in time with a 11,500 sq. ft. hacienda built in the early 1920s surrounded by a 21 acre grapefruit farm, resaca frontage, and lush landscape minutes from South Padre Island.
Location: In Bayview off of Valencia Lane. Topography: Hacienda Bayview is located along the resaca running through this tucked away town. The property is primarily a grapefruit farm with hundreds of Rio-Red Grapefruit Trees along with numerous other fruit trees (Avocado, Orange, Lemon, Lime, Figs, Pecans, Banana), palms, Texas ebony trees and other lush tropical landscaping. The property is only 6 miles from the South Padre Island Golf Club, the Vally's premier golf course. Also it is 15 miles from South Padre Island, 18 miles from the Valley International Airport in Harlingen, and 15 miles from Brownsville.
Home: Hacienda Bayview was built in the early 1920s. Made with thick adobe brick, the home stays cool in the summer and warm in the winter with very little electricity use. Large rooms with huge timber roofs accent this antique home. There are 5 bedrooms/5 full bathrooms and 2 half baths. Included in the Hacienda are a dining room, living room, study/office, upstairs sitting room and work-out room. The home has numerous patios on ground floor and second floor to enjoy the lush tropical landscaping. Currently the Hacienda is undergoing renovation by hand.
Improvements: - 11,500 sq. ft. main home
- 4 car garage and separate servant quarters.
- Roofed boat house on resaca.
- Irrigation system for grapefruit farm. Approximately 150 tons of grapefruit harvested annually.
- Numerous other fruit trees for family use including oranges, limes, avacados, bananas and figs.
- 1,600' of water frontage
- 3,000' long 12' high security fence surrounding entire grounds.
- Watering rights from resaca for grounds upkeep. Water: Home use water is from the local city water district.
© 2016 Texas Alliance of Land Brokers
© 2016 CoStar Group, Inc.