Happy Valley Ranch
- County: Taylor
- Address: 126 County Road 190
- Zip: 79566
- Type: Hunting Land, Ranches, Recreational Property
- City: Wingate
- Price: $1,009,125
- Acres: 675
- State/Zip: Texas 79566
- Status: Available
Location: The ranch is located in the southwestern part of Tayor County approximately 30 miles southwest of Abilene, Texas, a few miles east of the community of Happy Valley. Approximately 2 hours 50 minutes west of Fort Worth, 2 hours 10 minutes east of Midland, and just under an hour north of San Angelo. Property address is 126 CR 190, Wingate, Texas 79566
Description: This versatile Taylor County ranch offers great hunting, good grazing, rolling landscape, scenic views, reliable water sources, and potential mineral ownership. The propertys proximity to Abilene and San Angelo make it a great destination for hunters and convenient for cattlemen.
Wildlife & Hunting: The area is known for quality hunting and a trail camera survey quickly reveals that the wildlife have not been pressured with strong numbers of whitetail deer, turkey, hog, and varmint. Dove are equally plentiful and with some native sunflower food plots established the hunting could be lights out great. Quail are regularly observed on the property and with minimal amounts of prickly pear is an ideal ranch for working dogs.
Wildlife Habitat: Numerous perennial tree and shrub forms of woody stem browse are found throughout the ranch and include species such as hackberry, bumelia, agerita, and mesquite. Combined with beneficial forbs and native grasses, the property provides plentiful food sources and excellent cover. Some of the creek bottom land provides deeper soils and the perfect locations for establishing secluded wildlife food plots.
Pastures & Grazing: Overall the pastures have a good stand of native grasses, and have not been overgrazed under current ownership. Three fields offer the opportunity to add improved grasses and/or annual forage crops, and are approximately 20, 60, and 110 acres in size.
Water: The property has a good supply of water with 1 strong water well, 4 stock ponds (2 seasonal), and 2 wet weather creek tributaries of Valley Creek that meander across the ranch. The owners have consulted with a local water well drilling contractor and it is believed that additional water wells could be successfully drilled if desired.
Terrain: Approximately 65% of the ranch is heavily to moderately wooded with scattered oak motts, elm, hackberry, cedar, and mesquite. The remaining 35% is primarily native pasture and terraced farm land. 100+/- of rolling elevation change takes place across the ranch providing distant views over the property and surrounding area. Soils consist primarily of Mereta clay loam, Sagerton clay loam, Oplin-Kavett complex, Shep loam, Tobosa clay, and Rotan clay loam.
Fencing & Road Frontage: Perimeter and cross fences range in condition from good to poor, with there being approximately 3,000 along the north boundary that is unfenced. The east property line fronts along FM Highway 1086 for approximately 0.65 miles and part of the east and south property lines run along CR 190 and CR 191 for approximately 0.30 miles.
Equipment: As part of a turn-key sale the owner will consider including some ranch equipment with an acceptable offer. Equipment includes:
2006 John Deere 332 Skid Steer 76 hp with 2,500+/- hrs bucket, 14 dia. tree shear, and grubber attachments
1999 John Deere 6210 4WD with 640 loader 90 hp with 4,500+/- hrs bucket, hay fork, and 6 Bush Hog shredder
Improvements: An old farm house, garage, and several barns/sheds are located on the property, but offer no contributory value to the sale.
Easements: An electric transmission line and pipeline easement cross the ranch from northeast to southwest and provide a clear means of travel across the propery and sendero for hunting. There are additional pipeline easements that enter the ranch and are believed to have once served old well locations.
Minerals: Currently, theres an existing oil well and a couple sets of battery tanks located on the property, but no active production. Minerals are negotiable.
Electricity: Taylor Electric Cooperative provides electrical service to the ranch with existing lines already in place and ready for use.
School District: Winters ISD
Taxes: Property is ag-exempt and annual property taxes were $1,243.87 for 2017.
Subdivision: Owners would consider selling in 3 smaller tracts of approximately 120, 130, and 425 acres at a higher price per acre.
Price: $1,009,125 ($1,495 per acre)
Contact: Bret Polk, 254-965-0349 mobile
© 2016 Texas Alliance of Land Brokers
© 2016 CoStar Group, Inc.