Glen Cove Ranch

$1,586,500

Property Details

  • County: Coleman
  • Address: 241 Private Road 4481
  • Zip: 76834
  • Type: Hunting Land, Ranches, Recreational Property
  • City: Coleman
  • Price: $1,586,500
  • Acres: 668
  • State/Zip: Texas 76834
  • Beds: 2
  • Status: Available
  • Baths: 1

TALB Member:

Blake Hortenstine | Broker

Hortenstine Blake
×
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.


Property Description

Description: The Glen Cove Ranch is an exceptional recreational property that features hardwood forests, superb wildlife habitat, top notch hunting, scenic topography, a comfortable cabin, multiple water wells, and end of the road seclusion.

Terrain: The landscape of Coleman County makes an interesting change as you travel northwest toward Glen Cove, transitioning from the vast mesquite country, to an area of predominantly oak covered rolling hills and valleys. You might even be hard pressed to find a mesquite tree on the property. Roughly 65% of the ranch is heavily wooded in live oak, post oak, red oak, shin oak, redbud, and sumac with the remaining 35% offering scattered woods, native grass pasture, and some tillable ground for establishing wildlife food plots. An elevated ridge makes a large horseshoe shaped bend through the north portion of the ranch rendering approximately 160 of overall elevation change and views for miles in all directions. This upland slopes toward the center of the property creating a large draw, visually appealing character, and provides a significant watershed with lake site potential.

Wildlife Habitat: It just doesnt get much better as far as wildlife habitat is concerned. The ranch provides an overly generous amount of heavy live oak, post oak, red oak, shin oak and sumac cover. These areas provide seclusion and edge for wildlife as they travel in and around the property unpressured. Numerous tree and shrub forms of woody stem browse are available and include oak, sumac, redbud, bumelia, elbowbush, hackberry, and many others. There are obvious browse lines showing clear evidence of the healthy deer population, thick woods that hold and provide roosting locations for turkey, roots and wallows from hogs, and just the right amount of open native grass country and tillable land to promote dove and quail numbers.

VIsit our website for complete property details.

Contacts:

Bret Polk, Agent
254-965-0349 mobile

Blake Hortenstine, Broker
214-616-1305 mobile


Useful Documents


Property Map / Directions

Location: The ranch is located 16+/- miles northwest of Coleman, Texas, near the community of Glen Cove. Physical address is 241 PR4481, Coleman, TX 76834. Directions: For GPS directions use the address County Road 448, Coleman, TX 76834, being sure that the route directs you in from the south off of TX-153. Once on CR 448 follow it north to the dead end and gated entrance for PR 4481. From Dallas or Ft. Worth: Take I-20 W to the west side of Cisco, Texas, and Exit 330 toward TX-206/Cross Plains/Coleman. Proceed south on TX-206 S approximately 47 miles and turn left onto US-283 S/US-84 S/ TX-206 S. Continue south into Coleman along US-283 S/US-84 S (a.k.a. Neches Street) for 2 miles to the intersection of TX-153 W/W Walnut Street. Turn right and continue west for 13 miles to Glen Cove and CR 448 on the right. Follow CR 448 north for 3.5 miles to the dead end and gated entrance for PR 4481. From Abilene: Take US-83 S/US-84 E approximately 17.8 miles to the community of Lawn and FM-604/Main Street. Turn right and proceed through Lawn on FM-604 for 1.6 miles. Turn left onto FM-382 S and in 0.5 miles stay left to continue on FM-382 S for 14.9 miles to TX-153 E. Turn left and follow TX-153 E for 8.7 miles to CR 452 on the left. Proceed along CR 452 for 1.2 miles to its intersection with CR 448. Turn left on CR 448 and continue north 2.6 miles to the dead end and gated entrance for PR 4481. From San Angelo: Take US-67 N, 36.3 miles to the east side of Ballinger and US-83 N for Winters. Merge onto US-83 N and continue for 0.6 miles to FM-382 on the right. Take FM-382 N for 15.8 miles its intersection with TX-153 E. Turn right and proceed along TX-153 E for 7.8 miles to CR 452 on the left. Proceed along CR 452 for 1.2 miles to its intersection with CR 448. Turn left on CR 448 and continue north 2.6 miles to the dead end and gated entrance for PR 4481.

© 2016 Texas Alliance of Land Brokers
© 2016 CoStar Group, Inc.