Seven Lakes Ranch
- County: Orange
- Zip: 77632
- Type: Ranches
- City: Mauriceville
- Price: $2,495,000
- Acres: 518
- State/Zip: Texas 77632
- Status: Available
Seven Lakes Ranch is located just outside of Mauriceville Texas. A small community just northeast of Orange Texas. The ranch is located less than 2 hours from Houston and less than 35 minutes from Beaumont. Seven Lakes ranch is named for the seven lakes that have been build in the central portion of the ranch. These lakes were originally used as catfish ponds are now stocked with bass, brim and catfish. The 570 acre ranch is well suited for cattle and wildlife. This ranch has been meticulously maintained making it a difficult find for this part of Texas.
The ranch is located in Mauriceville, Texas. 35 minutes from Beaumont and Less than 2 hours from Houston.
There is a main house that looks to the east over the seven lakes. The east side of the lodge is covered in windows from floor to the peaked roof. There is a guest house located a few steps from the main lodge that has been recently remodeled.
The ranch has 3 entrance gates making the ranch easily assessable. These gates are connected by all weather roads that you will find throughout the property.
There are seven lakes located near the lodge and multiple other smaller bodies of water scattered throughout the ranch. A few of the Seven Lakes have been joined by small openings large enough to get a boat through for ease of fishing. These lakes are easily fished from the bank or by boat. Another unique feature of the ranch is the nearly 3 miles of canals that are found on the ranch.
The ranch is mainly wooded, providing ample cover for many species of wildlife including whitetail deer. A portion of the ranch is high fenced and could be easily completed to make an amazing game ranch. In the fall and winter months ducks can be found on many of the properties ponds and canals.
The majority of an old town is found within the boundaries of the ranch. Lemonville, the site of Lemon Lumber Company owned and managed by Alexander Gilmer who originally immigrated from Armagh, Ireland. The town plat was filed in 1901 by William Manuel and was chosen for its proximity to the Kansas City Southern Railroad. The population reached an estimated 300 people at one time but by 1928 the Lemonville post office was discontinued and eventually the site was abandoned.
© 2016 Texas Alliance of Land Brokers
© 2016 CoStar Group, Inc.