Mira Vista Ranch
- County: Comanche
- Zip: 76442
- Type: Hunting Land, Ranches, Recreational Property
- City: Comanche
- Price: $770,955
- Acres: 309
- State/Zip: Texas 76442
- Status: Available
Location: The ranch is located 6+/- miles south of Comanche, Texas, approximately 2-1/2 hours southwest of Dallas, 2 hours southwest of Ft. Worth, 1-1/2 hours southeast of Abilene, and 1-3/4 hours northwest of Waco.
Description: This quiet country setting offers seclusion, scenic views, potential building sites, and is an excellent recreational property with quality wildlife habitat and hunting. The ranch has a remote feel while only being a short distance from town and would make an ideal hunting retreat, weekend getaway, or full time residence. In addition to the ranch, Comanche County is home to numerous area attractions such as Lake Proctor, P.A.R. Country Clubs 18 hole golf course, restaurants, vineyards, shopping, and a slower pace of life.
Terrain: The eastern 1/4 of the ranch is gently sloping with the topography becoming much more significant as you move west through the property. Mira Vista provides 120+/- of appealing elevation change and offers big views from numerous plateaus and ridges that look out over scenic draws, valleys, and the surrounding countryside. Roughly 75% of the ranch is heavily wooded with live oak, post oak, elm, mesquite, and cedar. The remaining 25% is a mix of scattered woods and native pasture. Soils consist primarily of the Tarrant and Purves-Bolar Associations, with Pedernales Fine Sandy Loam, Menard Fine Sandy Loam, Denton Silty Clay, Hassee Loam, Abilene Loam, Frio Clay Loam, and Bosque Loam.
Wildlife & Hunting: Properties in this area and Comanche County in general, are highly sought after for hunting and Mira Vista is no exception. The ranch provides quality habitat for a healthy population of whitetail deer, turkey, dove, hog, and varmint. Native forms of browse, forbs, and grasses such as bumelia, cedar elm, hackberry, skunkbush, elbowbush, sumac, greenbriar, silverleaf nightshade, croton, spurge, verbena, bluestem, and grama, are found on the ranch and beneficial to the wildlife. In addition, the heavily wooded terrain provides ample cover to help attract and hold game.
Water: The property has a good water well in place and features 3 stock tanks. A significant draw begins on and feeds north through the ranch, providing a potential location for a larger body of surface water if desired.
Fencing & Roads: The perimeter fencing around the ranch appears to be in good condition with high fence along the south boundary. Theres approximately 1,000 of FM-573 frontage along the east side of the ranch and a good system of pasture roads and trails providing travel through the property.
Wind Turbines: There are wind turbines in the area that are visible from the property, but none on the ranch. All wind rights will convey.
Easements: There are no large electric transmission line easements, pipeline easements, or access easements to neighboring ranches.
Minerals: Owner is believed to own 100% of the minerals and all executive leasing rights.
Electricity: Comanche Electric Cooperative Association provides electrical service to the ranch.
School District: Comanche Independent School District
Taxes: Property is ag-exempt and annual property taxes are estimated to be $524.87 for 2016.
Jack Fauntleroy, Agent
Bret Polk, Agent
© 2016 Texas Alliance of Land Brokers
© 2016 CoStar Group, Inc.