Howlin’ Coyote Ranch
- County: Wilbarger
- Address: FM 433
- Zip: 76384
- Type: Farms, Horse Property, Ranches
- City: Lockett
- Price: $135,000
- Acres: 30
- State/Zip: Texas 76384
- Status: Available
This small ranch has improvements galore and is the perfect hobby farm or homesite! With 30 acres of coastal grass, livestock have plenty to graze, and you can bale your own winter hay too. The land has road frontage on FM 433, a two lane paved road, in the Lockett community of Wilbarger County and is only a few miles to either Highway 70 or 283. Vernon, TX (pop. 11,000) is less than 10 minutes away, where there is a Walmart, several restaurants, feed store, hospital/clinic, etc.
A list of some of the ranch's improvements includes:
- 30' x 20' metal shop, with concrete slab and lean-to
- small hay barn, capable of holding 500 square bales
- two outdoor horse stalls
- two sets of pens, with working chutes
- round pen (made from metal panels)
- numerous outbuildings, including sheds, chicken coop, and grain bins
- barbed wire perimeter fencing
- two water wells (less than 40' depth)
- large earthen tank, fed by a water line from one of the wells
- electricity (ran to both barns)
- access to rural water at the road
- older camping trailer on site
This property has several tall trees around the buildings and a long shelterbelt along its north border that creates privacy. Several locations would be ideal to build a house and utilities are already ran deep into the property. The north and east sides are primarily flat and would be good places to build an arena or riding barn. The rest of the property has a gentle roll to it.
Overall, the tract has a lot aesthetic appeal, with unrestricted views of the surrounding farms and pastures. It is very quiet and is a great place to hang out with family in the evenings or on a weekend. The pond could be stocked for fishing for the kids, with no worry of it going dry because of the water well line that can keep it full. Deer and turkey regularly make their way across the pasture, consistently coming up to the shop and pens area.
ASKING PRICE: $135,000 FIRM (all equipment now included - tractor, implements, panels! Owner's mineral rights with the property to convey as well, believed to be 1/3 of the total mineral estate)
Call land agent Ben Belew at cell phone (940) 357-9940 to schedule an appointment to view this property.
© 2016 Texas Alliance of Land Brokers
© 2016 CoStar Group, Inc.