- County: Lavaca
- Address: 503 FM 1295
- Zip: 77975
- Type: Ranches, Recreational Property, Residential Property
- City: Moulton
- Price: $1,150,000
- Acres: 141
- State/Zip: Texas 77975
- Beds: 4
- Status: Available
- Baths: 4
Neighborhood: The property is located approximately one hour and 45 minutes from Austin, San Antonio and Houston. It is situated in north Lavaca County and Southern Fayette County bound by Flatonia, Schulenburg, Hallettsville and Shiner. The area is characterized by rolling hills, beautiful oaks, country roads and historic communities such as Praha, Witting, Engle, Moulton, Breslau, Moravia and Komensky.
Property: Access is via a deeded private lane lined with mature Pecan trees leading to a beautiful secluded retreat. The topography is rolling with the homesite on the highest hill in the center of the property overlooking native and improved pastures, mature trees, ponds and creek bottom. Two draws cross the property each with a stocked pond. The smaller .3 acre pond is within easy walking distance of the back door and the .45 acre pond is situated in the far eastern corner of the property. The property is leased for cattle by a nearby neighbor. Boundry and cross fencing is in good condition.
Improvements: A beautiful two story ranch house sets on the highest elevation and overlooks the entire property. The home features a front room, foyer, dining, living, utility, kitchen, breakfast and sitting room off the master bedroom. There are four bedrooms, four full baths and two half baths and totals 3716 sq. ft. of space. Rooms downstairs have high ceilings. It was built originally in 1925 and has been remolded and added to over the years. Although the home is completely updated, the entry features the original foyer and stairs. A two vehicle carport is attached to the house. Between the carport and barn there is a lighted basket ball half court and a netted baseball batting cage. There is a 1,840 sq. ft. metal barn with concrete slab and two 940 sq. ft. overhangs. There are two septic systems and a water well. Electricity provided by GVEC co-op.
Wildlife: There are white tail deer, turkeys, dove and fishing in both ponds.
History: The Witting community can be accessed in the Handbook of Texas Online, Jeff Carroll. The C5 ranch was originally part of a larger holding granted to Edwin Richeson in 1832. After the Civil War, German and Czech immigrants began repacing the Anglo population and small farms pre-dominated. For many years Witting was a thriving community with several businesses and both a Lutheran and a Catholic Church.
Property Viewing: Please contact Albert Allen at 715-515-0934
© 2016 Texas Alliance of Land Brokers
© 2016 CoStar Group, Inc.